Presentation of the MN2S research department
Micro Nano Sciences & Systems (MN2S)
The MN2S research department was born on January first, 2008, as a result of more than 15 years of research in microtechniques, nanosciences and nanotechnologies. MN2S gathers a large part of FEMTO-ST's ressources in these areas. The scientific aims of MN2S are as follows:
- produce knowledge on waves and materials at the micro & nano scale ;
- develop techniques and processes for micro & nano fabrication ;
- design and construct multiphysics micro & nanosystems (MEMS/NEMS) ;
- develop instrumentaion at the micro & nano scale.
Within MN2S, research is organized along three main axes:
- Micro Instrumentation, NANOsciences & waves (MINANO)
Create nano objects by structuration or auto assembly, probe them locally, explore their phononic and physical properties.
- Multiphysics Microsystems
Combine various skills in physics and engineering science to construct full-featured microsystems. Design MEMS/MOEMS combining optics, electronics, acoustics, fluidics, thermal sciences, and biochemistry ; study their fabrication processes.
- MIcro NAno MAterials & Surfaces (MINAMAS)
Study and deposit nano structured thin films for MEMS/NEMS. Study the surface properties of materials : micro nano tribology, adhesion and surface forces.
The entrance from the Avenue de l'Observatoire
The MN2S research departement is not localized on a unique site, but present throughout different FEMTO-ST sites within Franche-Comté, in Besançon, Montbéliard, and Belfort. Please refer to the directory in order to obtain the exact address of a particular department member. The department headquarters are located on the 32 avenue de l'Observatoire site in Besançon (FEMTO-ST headquarters).