You are here
Research in our AS2M Department is firmly grounded within the disciplines of robotics, mechatronics, automatic control and artificial intelligence. Through its science the department expresses its desire to create systems in total synergy with FEMTO-ST’s strategy, especially LABEX ACTION. All projects revolve around three major scientific challenges: the exploitation of the overall dynamics of microsystems, along with the improvement of both systems dexterity and of systems intelligence.
With its 80 members, the department studies microactuator controls characterized by high dynamics, strong nonlinearities and an unfavorable signal-to-noise ratio. It has also acquired a widely recognized experience in the design of microassembly control systems and microrobots for minimally invasive surgery.
The AS2M Department’s activities rely on an experimental base supported by the platforms µROBOTEX and “Intelligent Systems” I-Sys.
- The PIA µROBOTEX platform can call upon the department’s entire set of micro-/nanomanipulation facilities.
- I-Sys, or “Intelligent systems”, combines on a single platform the entire range the PHM team’s equipment for testing the accelerated aging of systems.
The AS2M Department is comprised of 4 different research teams:
- The MACS team (Methodologies for Automation and for the Design of Mechatronic Systems) aims to study micromechatronic systems and control laws for positioning and manipulation at micro / nanometric scales.
- The MiNaRoB team (Biomedical Microrobotics), which investigates micro-/nanorobotic systems for microsurgery and individualized manipulation of biological cells;
- The PHM team (Prognostics and Health Management), which is focused on the development of advanced algorithms for classification, prediction and decisions so as to predict the lifetime of complex systems;
- The Micro & Nanorobotics team (Robotics and mechatronics at small-scales) studies design, perception, control as well as metrology issues of micro and nanorobotic systems integrating active materials.
as2m Organization chart